Blog Journal #5

     After learning what a Personal Learning Network is, I can assert that my early experiences with Twitter(X) and instagram definitely had an impact on mine. In my own words, a Personal Learning Network is a system full of resources, tools, and people that can be utilized to further your professional or personal development. Resources within this system should promote learning and self-improvement. In my experience, i have been able to grow my personal learning network through applications like instagram and twitter because they permit me to make connections, put myself and my services out there, and get inspiration for content creation that may apply to my profession. Instagram and Twitter could be useful to my future career as a school psychologist because it will allow me to build a reputable online persona that highlights my accomplishments and mutual professionals in my field. Twitter and Instagram can also link me to mentors in my field who are renowned for their accomplishments.


     As explained in the curriculum of this class, the digital divide is understood to be the gap between individuals who do have access to technology and individuals who don’t. This divide can negatively impacy students in school because it can withhold them from useful online resources and tools. For example, children who may come from low-income households may not have a laptop or computer at home to complete homework assignments, studying on websites, or even course exploration. In regard to causes, the digital divide can be attributed to economic factors such as affordability and digital literacy. Not being able to afford and/or understand technology are two of the most prominent obstacles that are difficult to overcome. I will keep this in mind when choosing my teaching strategies because i know that technology is never a given. Therefore, i will not expect my students to have a reliable form of technology at home and will do my best to connect them to resources that will aid them.


     Academic software for students enhances learning by fostering engagement, collaboration, and digital literacy skills essential for academic success in modern classrooms. In my future classroom, I plan to integrate two valuable tools: "Kahoot!" and "Google Classroom". "Kahoot!" engages students through interactive quizzes and challenges, fostering active participation and reinforcing learning objectives. The friendly competition, accessible nature, and appealing visuals make children feel like they’re playing a fun game while they’re also learning. For these reasons, I’d make sure to incorporate it into my curriculum. Meanwhile, "Google Classroom" takes over the technical need for academic software. I would like to use this tool because it encourages communication, assignment distribution, and feedback exchange, promoting organization and collaboration both inside and outside the classroom. These tools not only enhance the learning experience but also cultivate digital literacy skills necessary for academic and professional success. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #3

Blog Post #8

Camila’s First Post