Blog Post #7

     Exploring the teacher pages on the West Broward website (https://www.browardschools.com/domain/7837), I discovered a wealth of publicly available material that is a wonderful resource for kids and parents. These class pages normally feature the teachers contact info and area of expertise. Sometimes, it could include the course syllabi, class schedules, and information about impending assignments, projects, and exams, as well as any materials or resources required for success in the course. However, without login capabilities, I was unable to see this sensitive information. Overall, these teacher pages play a key role in increasing communication and collaboration among instructors, students, and parents, thereby strengthening the educational experience.

    In my future job as an educator, I hope to use technology to expedite and enhance my professional responsibilities. I intend to use specific teacher productivity technologies include learning management systems (LMS) such as Canvas or Google Classroom for course content organization, student communication, and assessment. In addition, I want to leverage digital collaboration platforms like Google Drive and Microsoft Teams for team-based projects and curriculum development. By adopting these tools into my teaching practice, I aim to improve efficiency, communicate with students and colleagues, and create a more engaging and dynamic learning environment.

     Reflecting on my experience working on Assignment 2 with the Canvas group tool, I discovered it to be an effective platform for collaborative work in our educational technology class. We could use the Canvas group function to effortlessly exchange papers, collaborate on assignments, and interact with group members from a single location. However, I did run into several limits, such as occasional technical issues and trouble navigating the interface. If I had to propose a different solution for collaborative work, I'd look into platforms like Slack or Microsoft Teams, which provide more sophisticated communication features and integrations with other productivity applications. Overall, the Canvas group tool worked well for our assignment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #3

Blog Post #8

Camila’s First Post