Blog Post #9

I discovered that Open Educational Resources (OER) are easily accessible, freely shared educational materials available on the internet for everyone to use. Week 4's exploration of copyright and fair use issues made me more conscious of the worries about using online resources in my classes and infringing on copyrights. OER offers parents and teachers an excellent method to provide resources without going against these criteria. These resources, which include lesson plans, worksheets, assessments, classroom activities, and syllabi, are available to me through a variety of repositories. On the Penn State website, I came into a thought-provoking blog entry titled "The Benefits of Open Educational Resources (OER)". The benefits of utilizing open educational resources (OER) in the classroom were emphasized in the essay, including the reduced costs, easier access to high-quality materials, and the capacity to adapt content to different learning styles. The complete article is available here. Benefits of using OER: https://oer.psu.edu/ (https://benefits-of-using-oer.psu.edu/)



I learned a lot about making visually appealing and educational presentations while working on Assignment 4: PowerPoint for Information Dissemination, with a focus on habitats. In order to improve the presentation's overall quality, I liked experimenting with various design aspects, such as slide layouts, color schemes, and multimedia content. I was pleased with the feedback I received because of this. However, I had trouble condensing the material and fitting in all the habitat-related facts in the allocated amount of time, which made the editing process difficult. One aspect of the assignment that I would like to improve upon in the future is the use of storytelling techniques to make the presentation more engaging and memorable for the audience. Incorporating real-life examples, case studies, or personal anecdotes could help to create a stronger connection with the viewers and facilitate better understanding of the topic at hand. All things considered, the abilities I gained from this assignment will help me in my future work as a teacher by enabling me to produce more useful and interesting teaching resources for my pupils.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #3

Blog Post #8

Camila’s First Post